I am so excited to see this blog flourish! I want this to be a place that you feel welcomed and comfortable enough to sit and drink coffee with me. I have so many plans in store for this little corner of the web and want you to join me on this journey! This is a place you don’t have to worry about judgement or comparison and you are free to be you! Since you have been kind enough to spend some time with me here, I feel an introduction is in order! So, without further adieu, here is a little more about the mama behind the blog!
My name is Ashley but I typically go by “Mom”, “Mommy”, “Mama”, “Ma”, or “Hunny”. I’ve been a stay at home mom going on three years and spend most days changing diapers, picking up dropped Cherrios, cleaning out dryer lint, and searching for lost remotes. Exciting, right?! It’s not the top choice on most people’s list of dream jobs but it is certainly the most rewarding! And I wouldn’t have it any other way! I’ve put together a fun little list of random things you probably didn’t know about me. I personally enjoy these types of posts and it gives you an opportunity to learn more about the writer!
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me:
- Serendipity is one of my favorite movies! I can watch it over and over. Trying a hot chocolate from the actual restaurant in New York ranks high on my bucket list!
- My favorite family vacay was a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas. We visited the Atlantis resort there and then spent several days in Walt Disney World. I’m a Disney nut!
- As cliché as it sounds, I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was six years old. I spent summers, sitting Indian style at my Great-Grandmothers coffee table, writing creative stories. I’ve dabbled in many things but my passion for writing has never waned.
- I met the man of my dreams when I was only a few years old. No, really! We went to pre-school together! He moved away for nine years, our senior year of high school he moves back to town, and long story short..we have been together ever since. Funny..my name is even listed in his baby book!!
- I love thrift store shopping and junking. Nothing gives me quite a thrill like find someone else’s trash on the curb..and turning it into something completely new and inspiring!
- I make wishes. I pick pennies up on heads that have fallen out of a mysterious strangers pocket, I close my eyes at 11:11, I blow dandelion puffs..the whole nine yards! They might not come true..but hey, what if they do?
- I believe in miracles. I pray you never have to experience life inside the neonatal intensive care unit. But for those that have or the curious, the work performed behind those locked doors where some newborns live out the first days, weeks, or months of their precious existence, is nothing short of miracle work. The Lord still performs miracles to this very day. And they often come in the form of tiny babies who are born early, yet right on time.
- I like to laugh at myself. I often find humor in things that I say or do that wouldn’t be considered the least bit funny to someone else. What’s the point in being serious all the time? A good belly laugh is the cure for anything!
- I’m a 90s kid to the core. I still have a secret love for Lisa Frank, Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers, Goosebumps, and can tell you every word to every “Saved by the Bell” episode ever made!
- I hope to leave my mark on the world. We’re only here for a short while. We are simply passing thru on our way to our eternal home. You may not have the resources to change the entire world. But you do have the ability to change the world for SOMEONE.
So, that’s a few fun facts about me. What surprised you the most? What are some things people would be surprised to learn about you? I would love to hear some and learn more about my awesome readers! Leave me a comment!